Brixton stabbing: Man killed after 'group confrontation'

A doctor and police at scene
image captionThe stabbing took place near Brixton Tube station

A man has died after being stabbed in south London in a scene involving high-end sports cars, people in balaclavas and a quad bike.

A music video was being filmed near the attack close to Brixton Tube station but it is unclear whether it - or two Lamborghinis at the scene - were linked to the incident on Wednesday night.

The victim has been named as Shane Jerome, 23, from Thornton Heath.

Police gave first aid and paramedics were called but he died at the scene.

Witnesses have said there was a confrontation between two groups.

Sports cars at scene
image captionA music video involving two sports cars was being filmed near the attack

One member of the public told he saw the whole incident unfold.

He said: "A convoy of cars and quad bikes suddenly turned on one another, leading to one man being stabbed and others involved in a fist fight before running off on foot and by vehicle.

"The front of the convoy was a black Range Rover, which had a driver that wore a balaclava, and men sitting in the boot of the car, with the boot door open. There was also a red Ferrari and lime green Lamborghini, as well as two quad bikes. One of the quads ended up beached on the pavement.

"The man who was stabbed was lying in the middle of the road, with an ambulance on scene instantly, where the man was receiving CPR right away but looked lifeless. Another man who was wearing a balaclava and ski goggles, accompanied by a woman, ran to the victim screaming."

Another eyewitness said: "When I came out of the Tube, guys were chasing each other, a motorbike in the middle of the street in front of the red Lamborghini, others throwing stuff at a white girl and a black boy on a quad bike that ended up in traffic lights."

Police cars at scene
image captionWitnesses have said there was some sort of confrontation between two groups

A 19-year-old man arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm has been released with no further action.

A post-mortem will be held in due course, police said.

The victim's family has been informed.

Det Ch Insp Kate Blackburn, from the Met Police, said the attack was in a busy area of London and there were many people in the street, on buses and in cars at the time.

She said: "We have spoken to a number witnesses already and I am asking for anyone who was in the area and who may have seen anything, or have footage on their phone or dash cam, to please contact us."

Sign in or sign up to post comments.
Be the first to comment

Related Articles

Latest Articles

Most Popular